Monday, February 22, 2016

Equilibrium: Explained

I don't really remember if I was finished with this story or not. But this is how I found it, so that's how I posted it. Also I don't know how much explaining this actually needs, since it's pretty self explanatory. So instead I'll briefly talk about why I think love is so important.

I believe love to be a quintessential quality of humans and God alike. I saw a quote a while back that goes like this:

Know God, Know Love
No God, No Love

Without love, we cannot know God. Without God, we cannot know love, because God is love. Love is the entire reason for our existence, and if that's the case, then love should be a really big deal. But for some reason, it's not really. Love is yet another thing that's taken for granted in our society. And I might go as far as to say that lust has taken more importance to our culture. But no matter how dominant lust becomes, it can never be stronger than love.

Love is something that will never lose purpose, meaning, or relevance. Because without it, the world becomes gray. I feel the need to reiterate the fact that if the Bible says that God is love, then how important must that be to us? Love is not just a feeling, but more like an action, or a decision. God calls us, as Christians, to love. And that doesn't just mean loving that unbeliever in our life. That means loving as Jesus did. He was a holy man among the sinners, the poor, the beggars, the the sick, and the tax collectors. That was a conscious choice on His part. To love those people was not just to be around them, but to help them and to serve them. True love says "You before me" and that is exactly what Jesus did.

I could keep going. There's so much to say about such a vast topic. But I'll stop there.

Love as Jesus did. Because when we know love, we know God.

No comments:

Post a Comment