Thursday, September 18, 2014

We Are Not Alone

I know this ambiguous title might make you think I'm about to talk about aliens in outer space. I'm not. What I am here to talk about is a song, that a friend of mine recently sent me. It really hit me hard after I stopped to think about the lyrics. I wanted to take a few minutes to share it and discuss it.

Not Alone - RED


This song is an awesome reminder that we are never alone in this life. There will always be someone there to pick you up when you fall. Since this is a Christian band, the message of the song is referring to God/Jesus being there for you when you fall. Never ever underestimate that power. It's too easy to do when things aren't going your way.

However, sometimes it takes time to find that path when you do wander, and you rarely find your own way back. There are other people in this life to help you find that path.

I went through a rough patch in my life. I'm assuming most people have. When I couldn't see God in those times, there were people who took the time to help me wash the mud out of my eyes. Who took my arm around their shoulder when I was walking with a limp. Who took the time to learn my struggles and talk me through it. I thank God every day for these incredible friends. You know who you are.

If you're reading this and you don't have a friend like this, get one. Being open and real with another human being is something that is hard, but ultimately one of the best possible things you can do. Admittedly, friends like this don't exactly come out of the woodwork. It does take time to build trust with one another. But in the end, both people will become wiser and more mature by helping one another grow. Both people can pick the other up in their time of need, and reassure them. Correct them when they go astray. Speak life and wisdom into them. You don't know what kind of impact you might have on someone.

Always remember that God will never leave you nor forsake you. But in case you forget, have someone remind you.


 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up."

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment